Monday, June 10, 2013

over my dead body

We went kayaking over the weekend and while I was out on the river K took over my camera.
Not a problem.
She even asked permission.

When I went to download my photos I found pictures of dogs....lots of pictures of dogs...
Seriously?

So here is the thing...K wants a dog and is trying to unite all of her siblings (and her father) in a dog campaign.
I seem to be the only voice of reason and the answer is "NO"
(when I become weak in my conviction the weather conveniently rains for 10 days straight and it reminds me of why I am saying "no")

So I finally told the kids that when I DIE, their dad will get a lot of money and they will be able to use that money to purchase a DOG.
(did you catch the "over my dead body" in that solution?)
As I discussed this with my kids, K pointed out that at my funeral, while they will be sad that I am DEAD, they are going to be a teensy bit excited because it will mean that they will be getting a DOG.
I am just okay with that.
I then explained to her that it's okay because once they get the DOG they will begin to really miss me and they will say things like, "I wish mom was alive to walk the dog" or "I wish mom was alive to feed the dog".

To which K replied, "that is why we should just get the dog now so that you can walk it and feed it".
Seriously?
THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I KEEP SAYING NO!!!

On another note, K also took this photo which turned out pretty darn nice!
Maybe it can be on the cover of my funeral program :)

3 comments:

Melanie B said...

cool pic. About the dog. I love watching Noah with Shmuff. I also love that Shmuff is an outside dog. As for my next dog it can be an inside dog as long as it doesn't shed or has extremely short hair and it will lick all the crumbs off my kitchen floor. My friend brought one to the cabin.. it awesome.

Alli Waldron said...

I feel the same way! I told Chad if I was ready to take care of something else I would have another baby. No dogs!

chic chaos said...

Love this post! Our dog is one purchase I often regret, and often love at the same time. Buy beware what you buy.... my dog also has autism. She loves water, makes huge messes, is terribly expensive, poops all over, eats weird things and is a super picky eater and is up all night! So, we often joke that I birthed an autistic child or two and purchased an autistic dog to boot!